This is a reminder that we are looking forward to seeing you on (date) for your surgical procedure.
- If your physician has prescribed medications (i.e. blood pressure medication) continue to take them as directed the day of your surgery. You are not having IV sedation, so you may eat or drink as you normally would prior to your appointment. You do not need a designated driver.
- If our office has prescribed a prescription, please fill, and take as directed. If you have a known allergy to aspirin or any antibiotic, have ulcers or other health concerns related to these prescriptions, please inform us at the time of scheduling.
- If you take any Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) on a daily basis, please DO NOT take daily for 2 weeks prior to surgery or 2 weeks after surgery. Most common types of NSAIDs are: Meloxicam, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Celecoxib, Aspirin*.
*If the Aspirin dose exceeds 325 mg per day. If your daily dose exceeds 325 mg per day, you should decrease your dose to 325 mg per day or less, two weeks prior to surgery. If you are currently taking one baby aspirin (81mg) or one adult aspirin (325 mg) per day for the prevention of stroke or heart attack, you should continue taking this dosage for the duration of the dental implant process.
You MUST discuss stopping these medications with your prescribing provider before stopping.
- You must denote any medications you are taking at the time of scheduling the surgery. If there are any changes to your medications on the day of the surgery or prior to, please make sure to notify our office.
- The day prior to surgery, take 600mg of Motrin 4 times: At breakfast, lunch, dinner and before bed. (As long as you are not allergic. Please ask for alternatives if allergic.)
- Bring any denture, partial or flipper that you are presently wearing with you to your appointment so if we need to adapt it we can do so.
- SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED prior to or after the surgical procedure.
If you have any questions, please contact our office. 614-885-1215 or email@example.com